Havens Wildlife Management Area is a 7,190 acre preserve managed by the Virginia Department of Wildlife Resources. This is very steep, rugged terrain that has two fire roads and several very steep trails. The land is managed for hunting, but is open also for hiking and horseback riding. Public parking is available from two parking lots on Bradshaw Road and seasonally at Carroll’s Access Road off Wildwood Road. An Access Permit ($4 daily) or a hunting license is required. Check all rules at: https://dwr.virginia.gov/wma/havens/.
Interactive Trail Map
Some trails cross jurisdictions along route. Rules vary by jurisdiction.
- Yield to pedestrians.
- Keep to the right, pass on the left.
- Give an audible warning when passing.
- Maintain safe, courteous speeds.
- Keep pets on a leash.
- Clean up after pets.
- Keep the greenway trash free.
- No trespassing after hours.
- No motor vehicles.
- No alcohol, camping, hunting, or fires.
General Trail Etiquette
- Share the trail.
- Slow down when congested.
- Do not take up more than half the trail.
- Keep leashes short.
- Wear appropriate safety equipment.
- Step off the trail when stopping.
- Scoop the poop immediately.
- Carry trash to waste receptacles.