Wolf Creek Greenway is a 2.2 mile, cinder surface trail running from Hardy Road to Mountain View Road in eastern Roanoke County and the Town of Vinton. Parking for the greenway is located behind 1390 Hardy Road and at the parks. The first section in Vinton is on lands that also provide well water for the Town and support lots of wildlife. Greenway features include two bridges built by volunteers, a crossing under Route 24 in a box culvert, connections to other facilities in Goode and Stonebridge Parks, and links to William Byrd Schools and the Blue Ridge Parkway. To reach the Parkway horse trail, you must walk along Mountain View Road under the Parkway.
Interactive Trail Map
Some trails cross jurisdictions along route. Rules vary by jurisdiction.
- Yield to pedestrians.
- Keep to the right, pass on the left.
- Give an audible warning when passing.
- Maintain safe, courteous speeds.
- Keep pets on a leash.
- Clean up after pets.
- Keep the greenway trash free.
- No trespassing after hours.
- No motor vehicles.
- No alcohol, camping, hunting, or fires.
Roanoke County Hours:
- Hours: 6 am -9 pm.
Town of Vinton Hours:
- Hours: 6 am – 11 pm.
General Trail Etiquette
- Share the trail.
- Slow down when congested.
- Do not take up more than half the trail.
- Keep leashes short.
- Wear appropriate safety equipment.
- Step off the trail when stopping.
- Scoop the poop immediately.
- Carry trash to waste receptacles.