Roanoke Valley Greenways (Virginia) began as an initiative of citizens devoted to making the valley a better place to live. Building a greenway network requires linking together neighborhoods, finding connections, and protecting community resources. It requires the support and leadership of government staff and the help of local, state, and federal elected officials. It involves volunteers and corporations, users and builders, landowners and agencies.
The Greenway Commission is updating the Roanoke Valley Greenway Plan, which helps to determine projects and priorities for the future. If you are interested in participating in this update, please attend one of the meetings below. Topics of these meetings will include safety, amenities, and future trails.
Can’t attend a meeting? Take our survey.
Other News and Updates
- Mountain View Public Input Meeting Press Coverage
- Press Release for the Greenway Plan Public Input meetings
- Gallop for the Greenways and Triathalon-May 13, 2017
- 2016 Photo Contest Winners
- Greenway Ambassador Program Love the greenways? Sign up to be an Ambassador.