Explore Park is 1,100 acres managed by Roanoke County as an adventure park. Adjacent to Roanoke River and the Blue Ridge Parkway, the park offers paddling and tubing, a Treetop Ropes Course, camping in cabins or tents, fishing, hiking, and mountain biking. The trails provide opportunity to hike and mountain bike in the cool woods and enjoy other recreation opportunities, some free and some with a fee. Detailed information is available at https://www.roanokecountyparks.com/231/Explore-Park.
Interactive Trail Map
Some trails cross jurisdictions along route. Rules vary by jurisdiction.
- Yield to pedestrians.
- Keep to the right, pass on the left.
- Give an audible warning when passing.
- Maintain safe, courteous speeds.
- Keep pets on a leash.
- Clean up after pets.
- Keep the greenway trash free.
- No trespassing after hours.
- No motor vehicles.
- No alcohol, camping, hunting, or fires.
General Trail Etiquette
- Share the trail.
- Slow down when congested.
- Do not take up more than half the trail.
- Keep leashes short.
- Wear appropriate safety equipment.
- Step off the trail when stopping.
- Scoop the poop immediately.
- Carry trash to waste receptacles.