Read Mountain Greenway is under development, to connect Mason Mill Park to the Roanoke Centre for Industry and Technology (RCIT). In 2020 the first 0.64-mile, paved section opened at the end of Blue Hills Drive. This offers employees in the business park additional options for walking, in conjunction with sidewalks in the complexes. The views of neighboring mountains are excellent. On-street parking is available on Blue Hills Drive. The next phase will go down the hill and connect to Mason Mill Park and Tinker Creek greenway.
Interactive Trail Map
Some trails cross jurisdictions along route. Rules vary by jurisdiction.
- Yield to pedestrians.
- Keep to the right, pass on the left.
- Give an audible warning when passing.
- Maintain safe, courteous speeds.
- Keep pets on a leash.
- Clean up after pets.
- Keep the greenway trash free.
- No trespassing after hours.
- No motor vehicles.
- No alcohol, camping, hunting, or fires.
City of Roanoke Hours:
- Hours: 6 am – 11 pm.
This trail crosses the following jurisdictions:City of Roanoke
General Trail Etiquette
- Share the trail.
- Slow down when congested.
- Do not take up more than half the trail.
- Keep leashes short.
- Wear appropriate safety equipment.
- Step off the trail when stopping.
- Scoop the poop immediately.
- Carry trash to waste receptacles.